Click play to hear this session
This is a series created from the book “Be Love: A Book About Awakening” authored by Ned Burwell. This series is a guide for people who are seeking a life of purpose and peace told through the life experiences of Ned Burwell. The material is told through a variety of concepts, practices, anecdotes, and experiences. Hosted by Seamus Evely
The Awakening Podcast series was created to give you the tools to live a more purposeful and peaceful life through the teachings of Ned Burwell, author of the book “Be Love: A Book About Awakening”.
Session Five – Awakening To The Moment: If we spend more time in our minds being distracted from the moment we are in, how much of life are you actually experiencing? It is absolutely essential that we live in the moment that we are in. This is the only way that we have the opportunity to experience life the way it was meant to unfold.
Tools for Session 5
- How dedicated can you be to the moment? Over the next few days, stay very aware of everything that is happening around you. Try to catch subtle aspects of your environment. Pay attention to where you are and what is around you.
- Observe how much your mind fills in what it thinks is going to happen next. When you notice yourself projecting a probable outcome, stop the commentary in your mind.
- What are some of your triggers that take you out of the moment?
- Be aware when you place the moment on pause and get lost in your mind. Can you live for an entire day with your finger off the pause button?
- Engage your partner, family, and friends like you have never met them. Pretend you are meeting them for the first time.
- Practice observing your environment with your soul/heart. Read and respond to your environment using only your heart. Listen to what your heart has to say. In this exercise, you don’t get to talk. Your job is to:
- • Rest your attention in your heart and listen.
- • Surrender your mind.
- • Do not go into the feeling of your emotions.