This is a series created from the book “Be Love: A Book About Awakening” authored by Ned Burwell. This series is a guide for people who are seeking a life of purpose and peace told through the life experiences of Ned Burwell. The material is told through a variety of concepts, practices, anecdotes, and experiences. Hosted by Seamus Evely
The Awakening Podcast series was created to give you the tools to live a more purposeful and peaceful life through the teachings of Ned Burwell, author of the book “Be Love: A Book About Awakening”.
Session Four – I Am Love: This is a fundamental chapter in this series. Sometimes it can feel nearly impossible to choose love when we are put in a challenging position. But what would happen if you chose love more than not? You may be surprised how choosing love will radiate the earth around you. This is a particularly powerful session that will leave you feeling energized.
Tools for Session 4
- Spend a day choosing love. If someone speaks to you, respond with love. Everything you do, hold the intention of love while you do it.
- Take some time to review where you need to bring more love into your life. Are there any places you need to insert more love for yourself or others?
- Are you kind to yourself? This includes how you talk to yourself in your mind. If not, practice letting go of any dialogue that is unkind.
- Make a list of all the reasons why you would terminate a relationship with a friend or partner. Take some time to review why you feel the way you do. Are there any wounds that you need to heal from the past?
- Do your fears trap you or cause you to hold back your love in fear of getting hurt? If so, take whatever steps you can to let go of your fear. Bring logic around your fears and insert love wherever you can.
- Do you worry about things that are not happening in the moment? When you notice that you’re doing this, be willing to set down your worries.
- Practice doing the meditation exercise on love. Think about a time when you were loved or when you loved a person, place, or thing. Call up that memory and feel it. Once you can feel it, now just rest in it. If other thoughts arise, just let them float away and rest in the feeling of love. It can also be helpful to slow down your breathing and hold your attention on your heart.
- For a day, practice holding everyone you see in love. Try to see yourself in others. Find similarities in everyone you meet.