Click play to hear Session six
This is a series created from the book “Be Love: A Book About Awakening” authored by Ned Burwell. This series is a guide for people who are seeking a life of purpose and peace told through the life experiences of Ned Burwell. The material is told through a variety of concepts, practices, anecdotes, and experiences. Hosted by Seamus Evely
The Awakening Podcast series was created to give you the tools to live a more purposeful and peaceful life through the teachings of Ned Burwell, author of the book “Be Love: A Book About Awakening”.
Session Six – Relationships: Without question, this two-part section of the series will change your outlook on how to operate within the relationship you have with others, but more importantly how you look at the relationship that you have with yourself. You cannot possibly love another until you love yourself, and so with that being said the first part to this session deals more with having a loving relationship with yourself. The second part of this session is about how you then move onto having a loving relationship with another.
Tools for Session 6
- Make a list of all the things that move you away from your peace. What makes you sad, angry, frustrated, et cetera? Once you have your list, look for common trends.
- Trace the origin of your triggers. When was the first time you were triggered? Try to trace it back as far as you can go.
- Work with the six steps to healing. Steps 3, 4, and 5 may take a bit of time and effort on your part. Take as much time as you need to work with the steps.
- How are you at communicating with your partner? One thing you could do is ask your partner how they rate your communication skills. Be open to their response if you ask. This exercise could open up a very useful dialogue for your relationship
- Be aware when your emotions arise and practice letting go of the feeling of your emotions.
- Take some time to look at all the relationships you have. Are there any similarities among them all?