Click play to hear session8
This is a series created from the book “Be Love: A Book About Awakening” authored by Ned Burwell. This series is a guide for people who are seeking a life of purpose and peace told through the life experiences of Ned Burwell. The material is told through a variety of concepts, practices, anecdotes, and experiences. Hosted by Seamus Evely
The Awakening Podcast series was created to give you the tools to live a more purposeful and peaceful life through the teachings of Ned Burwell, author of the book “Be Love: A Book About Awakening”.
Session Eight – Letting Go: The baggage that you hold onto from your life experiences can be the very things that are holding you back from living a purposeful and love filled life. Why on earth would you be willing to carry the weight of your traumas on your back for miles and miles if they weren’t providing you with an opportunity to live a more peaceful life? This is a very heavy session, and personally one of my absolute favorites in this series. A lot of what is said in this session spoke to me on a very personal level and woke me up. I hope it does that for you too.
Tools for Session 8
- Make a list of the things that have power over you. In this list, include what you cannot live without.
- What are your comforts? Do you have rituals you must follow? For example: Do you need to have three coffees before you think you can function? This is how a comfort controls you.
- Look at your fears as if they are not yours. Write down how this changes your thoughts about the fear you are viewing.
- Can you think of any examples where fear has distorted a truth you hold?
- When you made a list of your stresses, were there any that were not real? Watch for this when you feel stressed. Are you stressing over real things, or future things?
- What does a typical day entail for you? Do you have things that sap your time and energy? Try to become more conscious of what’s draining all your time.
- Are there things you have a hard time accepting? Make a list of the things you find hard to accept. Once you have your list, you can begin to allow acceptance with the things on your list. Some things may take a great deal of courage and love to bring acceptance into. Just do your best and love yourself during this process.