Click play to hear session 9
This is a series created from the book “Be Love: A Book About Awakening” authored by Ned Burwell. This series is a guide for people who are seeking a life of purpose and peace told through the life experiences of Ned Burwell. The material is told through a variety of concepts, practices, anecdotes, and experiences. Hosted by Seamus Evely
The Awakening Podcast series was created to give you the tools to live a more purposeful and peaceful life through the teachings of Ned Burwell, author of the book “Be Love: A Book About Awakening”.
Session Nine – Finding Our Purpose: Have you ever thought to yourself whether you are truly living a life that is purposefully yours? Are you using your heart to guide your decision making for what is right for you? Do you ever hold yourself to old standards in how you used to be rather than what you can become? Instead of saying “I can’t” say “I will” and watch your world begin to change. e
Tools for Session 9
- Ask yourself: “What is my purpose?” Write down the things that come to mind when you ask yourself this question.
- Identify where you may be following in your parents’ or a friend’s footsteps. Keep in mind that this is not necessarily bad if you are consciously choosing this for yourself.
- Set aside excuses as to why you cannot live your life. Then identify if you are going against what you really want in your life.
- Become aware of friendships that no longer serve you. It is not a good thing to banish people from your life, but if someone is holding you back, let them go with love.
- Answer this question: How do you live a full and purposeful life?
- Remove all the obstacles that are preventing you from following your dreams. Do you believe in your dreams? If not, why not?
- Become aware of how often you say, “I can’t.” Are you willing to have enough courage to replace that with “I will”?
- Become aware of where are you holding yourself back from living your purpose. Do you have old stories about yourself that might no longer be true?
- Take notice of how and why you hold yourself back from following your heart. Is it because others won’t approve or support you?