Click play to hear session 7
This is a series created from the book “Be Love: A Book About Awakening” authored by Ned Burwell. This series is a guide for people who are seeking a life of purpose and peace told through the life experiences of Ned Burwell. The material is told through a variety of concepts, practices, anecdotes, and experiences. Hosted by Seamus Evely
The Awakening Podcast series was created to give you the tools to live a more purposeful and peaceful life through the teachings of Ned Burwell, author of the book “Be Love: A Book About Awakening”.
Session Seven – Relationships: Without question, this two-part section of the series will change your outlook on how to operate within the relationship you have with others, but more importantly how you look at the relationship that you have with yourself. You cannot possibly love another until you love yourself, and so with that being said the first part to this session deals more with having a loving relationship with yourself. The second part of this session is about how you then move onto having a loving relationship with another.
Tools for Session 7
- Take some time to communicate with your partner. Share details of your life or how you feel about the person you are with.
- Understand your needs and share them with your partner. Get to know what your partner needs.
- Let your partner know how you need to be taken care of when you are upset, sad, or frustrated.
- Practice not taking anything personally with your partner.
- Learn how you can best support your partner’s purpose.
- Make time to be alone with each other.
- Be attentive to your partner’s needs. Try to identify where they need your help. If you are unsure, the best thing to do is ask.
- Be open to hearing criticism from your partner. Learn to ask what you can do better in the relationship.
- Love yourself.