This is a series created from the book “Be Love: A Book About Awakening” authored by Ned Burwell. This series is a guide for people who are seeking a life of purpose and peace told through the life experiences of Ned Burwell. The material is told through a variety of concepts, practices, anecdotes, and experiences. Hosted by Seamus Evely
The Awakening Podcast series was created to give you the tools to live a more purposeful and peaceful life through the teachings of Ned Burwell, author of the book “Be Love: A Book About Awakening”.
Session Three – I Am Strong: How do we walk through our vulnerabilities? What lies beyond our fears? What happens when we pour devotion into our life? How do we become empowered? These are some questions that are answered in this session. This particular session contains some incredible wisdom to help us live beyond our fears and find ourselves in a far more empowered state.
Tools for Session 3
- Write down some goals that you would like to achieve. 2. I would like to challenge you to pour devotion into your life. Be creative here. For example: Pour your devotion into saying hi to everyone you meet and address everyone by looking them in the eyes. Another way would be to devote yourself to your work, friends, and family or to any task you are doing. As you do this lesson, allow the presence of your devotion to fill you up with what you are devoting yourself to.
- Spend an entire day devoted to what is under your nose. If someone calls for your attention, give them 100 per cent of your focus. The ability to do that would greatly enhance the quality of your relationships with your partner or your children, friends, and co-workers.
- Think of a difficult situation in your life. Now look beyond the struggles, loss, or even anger you may have had and ask yourself: What did I learn from that? How did this experience cause me to grow? How has my life changed for the better? Write down your answers. Perhaps you will find you didn’t learn anything, but maybe, in time, with a different perspective, your answers to these questions will offer insight.
- Make a list of all the things that cause you to feel vulnerability. Once you have your list, start an action plan on how you are going to walk through your vulnerabilities. Note: Vulnerabilities are closely related to your fears. You can include fears in this list.
- What disempowers you? Disempowerment is anything that makes you feel weak, causes you to fight, flight, or freeze. Include the triggers that cause you to be sad or angry. This is a big question worth spending some time on. After you have your list, ask yourself what the possible solution is for you.
- Make a list of the changes you want to implement in your life. What needs to change? What are you not willing to change and why? In your response, be sure to look at your answers very closely. Look at it as if it were someone else’s issue that needed to change. How would you advise them to deal with your problem? If you answer is based in fear, or thoughts that are not true, real, or yours, you may want to reevaluate why you’re not willing to make the change.
- Practice the Three Step Healing exercise in this chapter.
- What is holding me back from following my heart? Have I curbed what I want to do by conforming to what others want or expect from me?