Press Play to hear Session 2
This is a series created from the book “Be Love: A Book About Awakening” authored by Ned Burwell. This series is a guide for people who are seeking a life of purpose and peace told through the life experiences of Ned Burwell. The material is told through a variety of concepts, practices, anecdotes, and experiences. Hosted by Seamus Evely
The Awakening Podcast series was created to give you the tools to live a more purposeful and peaceful life through the teachings of Ned Burwell, author of the book “Be Love: A Book About Awakening”.
Session Two – Beyond The Mind’s Desire: Do your desires serve your soul or do they serve your ego? It can be easy to become swooped up by the temptations that life present us. With all of the luxuries in the world that are being thrown in our face, it can be easy to fall victim to desires. We can also believe that happiness exists in the things we want, but sadly it is only a matter of time before our minds come up with the next thing to chase. If we have peace within, we no longer require temporary relief through the acquisition of thing after thing after thing.
Tools for Session 2
- Make a list of your desires. Once you have your list, ask yourself: “Are these desires healthy for me?”
- Once you have your list of desires, can you identify a deeper desire that you are unconsciously trying to achieve?
- What are your habits? Do your habits serve you, or are you serving your habits?
- Where are you repeating patterns in your life? Do you attract scenarios where your payoffs get you a similar reward?
- Can you identify any areas in which you are fulfilling the desire of another or societal expectation?
- Do you have any unresolved conflicts within you? Do your unresolved conflicts manifest undesirable results in your life?
- Do you have secret desires in your relationship? What things do you expect your partner to just know about you, and have they ever caused an argument? Once you identify a secret desire, share your needs more openly with your partner.
- Practice dropping into your heart. It can be a very simple process. Just close your eyes and feel your heart expand and contract while you breathe slowly in and out. If your mind starts to talk to you, just ignore it and listen for the solitude of your heart.
- Can you think of any of your heart’s desires? I encourage you to make a list of them and start to work toward completing your list.